To make the installation of our water storage tanks as easy and quick as possible we have included this step by step guide to help get you started with installing the 3000 Litre Thintank.
You will also be able to download a PDF installation sheet so you can take the information to the work area.
These instructions cover the recommended way to install the tanks.
Make Sure You Have A Solid Base
It’s important for all the tanks to stand on a solid base, the reasoning behind this is so that they will not settle or move when the surrounding ground becomes wet from heavy rain or any other unforeseen circumstances.
The water tanks can be laid on sloping ground, along the length of the tank. Surface must be horizontal (LEVEL) across the width of the tank to allow the sides of the tank to be vertical.
3000L Free Standing Installation
- Mark Position Of Support Poles And Excavate Holes for 65mm x 65mm x 2400mm Long Posts.
- When Digging The Holes Make Sure They Are A Minimum Of 300mm In Diameter And 600mm Deep.
- To Create Solid Base You Then Lay Concrete Pavers Between Holes.
- Position 100mm Sleeves And Concrete Around The Outside Of The Sleeves And Up To Paver.
- After Concrete Has Set, Position Tank On To The Pavers And Position The Posts.
- To Finish Off The Installation, Concrete Around Posts.
Caution: In step 2, the hole sizes recommended may not be large enough in sandy areas, if you are unsure get advice from a local fencing contractor or a qualified civil engineer.
Download the PDF For The 3000L Free Standing And Wall Mounted Install Here.
Wall Mounted Installation
- On an existing pavement, sloping away from a fence or wall, the surface must be built up to ensure the tank face is vertical and the back of the tank is flush against the fence or wall.
- Position first tank on prepared base and fix to fence or wall using bracket WB01 each end. For multiple tanks use bracket WBD01 between tanks. Place brackets approximately 1400mm above base.
- Brackets are required to ensure tank(s) cannot be accidentally pulled over by human effort.
Download the PDF For The Free Standing And Wall Mounted Install Here.
WARRANTY: Thintanks warrants its tanks by a pro rata warranty for 10 years from the original date of purchase. This warranty covers the original purchaser only and is not transferable. Thintanks will repair or replace, at its descretion the tank affected by a defect caused by the manufacturing process or materials. Fading or colour change, damage caused by accidents or misuse, do-it-yourself repairs or incorrect installation, and any subsequent costs (including freight of replacement tank) are not covered by warranty.
If you have any further questions or concerns about the 3000 litre installation of our Thintanks at your residential or business property please use the comment section below, you can also contact me directly via phone: 1300 885 547 or by submitting a message using our contact page.
Hi, I am planning something similar to install widely in South Africa. How can we progress with a licensing arrangement?
Jacques van Jaarsveld
Thank You for your enquiry.
I have forwarded your email to our supplier – Peter from Thin Tanks – he will be in contact with you shortly, as he handles all overseas enquiries.
Hi, I’m from Budapest. Do you deliver to Europe, Hungary? Thank you.
Thank you for your enquiry.
I have forwarded your email on to the factory who will be in contact with you shortly.
do you deliver to Greece?
Good Morning Anthi,
Thank you for your ebquiry.
Please refer to the email i have sent you.